American Office is seeking a driven sales professional with experience working with a variety of Federal and Department of Defense Agencies for the role of Government Account Executive in the Hampton Roads area. This key role represents American Office and our contract furniture partners, including Herman Miller, in the southeastern Virginia marketplace.
The Government Account Executive utilizes sales, networking, and cold calling to develop and maintain relationships with potential clients, interior designers, and real estate professionals. They act as a consultant to their clients and assist them in choosing the right solution for their space. The Government Account Executive is responsible for the organization and successful completion of each client’s project and will lead a team of specialists to accomplish these goals.
Attention-to-detail, organization, and a proactive approach to customer service are required. Knowledge of federal procurement regulations and terminology, workplace trends, and existing relationships with Federal Government end-users are strongly desired.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Business Development
- Learning and sharing product knowledge
- Consulting with clients
- Product Specification
- Order Management
- Leadership of dedicated team of design, project management, and installation professionals
- Customer Service
Candidate will have:
- 3-5 years of sales experience, preferably working for a contract furniture dealer or manufacturer
- 3 years of government related experience in interior design, sales, project management or federal procurement
- Business Development / Sales experience in Hampton, VA marketplace
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail; Ability to multi-task
- Strong planning, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated, team-player attitude
- Proficiency with MS Office
- Bachelor’s degree
Compensation: 1st year salary; year 2 and thereafter is draw plus commission
Comprehensive benefits include: medical, dental, vision, 401(K) Life Insurance and PTO
Please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. More information on American Office: www.americanoffice.com